Transparent barriers enforcing social distancing measures can be seen at the tables of a restaurant in Hong Kong on Tuesday, April 21, 2020.
Rui Liu | Bloomberg via Getty Images
From bars and pubs to sports venues and karaoke rooms, Hong Kong will ban most public activities from Friday.
The Asian financial hub will re-impose strict Covid-19 measures for two weeks – from Friday to January 20 – as the city prepares for an outbreak of the highly contagious type of omicron. It will be reviewed within a week.
Chief Executive Carrie Lam said on Wednesday as she announced a series of strict measures in order to contain the pandemic as soon as possible.
The government announced that Flights from eight countries will be banned From Saturday to January 21. They are: Australia, Canada, France, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Hong Kong recorded 38 new cases of coronavirus today, Wednesday, and has 12,708 confirmed cases so far, According to a government website.
So far, 73.4% of the total population received two doses of the vaccine on Thursday, According to government data.
Stronger social distancing rules include a ban on eating in restaurants after 6pm, and the closure of parks, museums and places including fitness centers and bars.
The government has also canceled group cycling event, cyclothons, and entertainment facilities such as Hong Kong Disneyland, cruise ship tours, nightclubs and karaoke rooms for 14 days from Friday.
Here is a list of everything that will be closed as of January 7.
- Restaurants must also stop providing food services to customers every day from 6:00 p.m. until 4:59 a.m. local time the following day during this period.
- Pubs or pubs will be closed.
- No live activity or dancing is permitted on the catering premises. Karaoke or mahjong-tin kau activities should also be hung there.
- Entertainment venues closed: Theme parks, museums, concert halls, karaoke halls, game centers, Chinese-style mahjong and tin kao (dominoes), performance halls, performance venues and cinemas will be closed.
- Sports and Aesthetic Activities: Fitness centers, swimming pools, sports facilities, as well as beauty institutes and public baths will also be closed.
- Tours halted: All local tours and “cruises anywhere” have been suspended.
- Visits to public hospitals and nursing homes have been suspended.
“Food trailblazer. Passionate troublemaker. Coffee fanatic. General analyst. Certified creator. Lifelong music expert. Alcohol specialist.”