Credit: Youssef Albuhiki / Unsplash
With the news that the UK will allow fully vaccinated travelers into the United States and the United States from Monday, August 2, you can quickly see the terms for those of us who now wish to return to Belgium on a trip. Is on (some) UK cards.
Belgium no longer considers the UK a “high risk” country, and for all travelers coming from the country, it is possible to travel again with certain conditions.
The UK has been removed from the “highest risk” list, which is now considered a “regular” red zone outside the EU, says Foreign Affairs spokeswoman Mary Cherchery.
“For travelers, this means that all the rules of the Red Zone outside the EU apply,” he told the Brussels Times.
For those living in Belgium:
Holders of Vaccine or Recovery Certificate:
- Get tested on the 1st or 2nd day after arriving in Belgium. If the test result is negative they may be isolated.
- Children under 12 are not required to be tested.
Persons who do No. Vaccine or Recovery Certificate Required:
- Ten days of isolation in Belgium,
- Perform the Govit-19 test on days 1 and 7.
For non-residents and those coming from the UK (or other red zones)
People can go to Belgium only for essential reasons or if they have an approved vaccination certificate with the full vaccine.
If you have a vaccination certificate (approved by the European Union or Belgium):
- You must be tested on the 1st or 2nd day of your arrival in Belgium.
- You should remain in isolation on the 1st or 2nd day until your test results fail
Neither Belgium nor the European Union currently approves UK NHS vaccination certificates.
If you do not have a vaccination certificate:
- You must pass the PCR exam 72 hours before arriving in Belgium. This test should be negative. Or you must have a test or recovery certificate.
- You must be isolated for 10 days upon arrival in Belgium. Test on days 1 and 7 when you are in Belgium.
All arriving passengers must complete the Passenger Tracking Form (PLF) within 48 hours of arrival in Belgium, even if they have been vaccinated.
It remains to be seen whether the rules announced by the UK will apply to other parts of the UK.
“Food trailblazer. Passionate troublemaker. Coffee fanatic. General analyst. Certified creator. Lifelong music expert. Alcohol specialist.”