Britain’s Leon Edwards will return to the octagon this weekend when he faces Bilal Mohammed in Las Vegas.
Edwards was the last to play in July 2019 when he watched Rafael dos Angus score his eighth consecutive UFC Championship win.
The 29-year-old was due to face an unbeaten player from Khuzat Shemayev in December of last year, but that fight had to be postponed twice due to Covid-19.
Chimaev then withdrew from the fight with Colby Covington, who was expected to intervene.
That didn’t materialize and now Edwards will face the Palestinian fighter Mohammed who defeated Diego Lima at UFC 258 last month.
Edwards v Muhammad: UK start date and time
This Fight Night is expected to take place in the early hours of Sunday 13 March for British fans.
It takes place at the UFC APEX Center in Las Vegas.
British fans can expect the main battle between Edwards and Muhammad to start around 4am.
Edwards v. Muhammad: Television and Live
The event will be broadcast on BT Sport 1 with coverage starting at 10:30 pm.
It will be streamed live on the BT Sport website and app for subscribers.
EE Mobile customers will be able to get a free three-month trial of BT Sport by texting SPORT at 150. You can then cancel the trial at any time.
The first introductory matches will be broadcast on UFC Fight Pass and in the United States, all initial fights will be broadcast simultaneously on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and ESPN + in both English and Spanish.
Edwards v. Muhammad: A Fight Card
Subject to change
The main card
- Main event: Leon Edwards vs. Bilal Mohamed, midfielder
- Misha Sorkonoff vs Ryan Span, Light Heavyweight
- Ben Rothwell versus Philip Lens, heavyweight
- Dan Ige versus Gavin Tucker, Featherweight
- Angela Hill vs. Ashley Yoder, Female Straw
- Matthews Nicolaou vs Manil Cappy, flyweight
- Eric Anders vs Darren Stewart, Middleweight
- Courtney Casey vs. JG Aldrich, a female flyweight
- Rani Yahya versus Ray Rodriguez as the weight of the pentam
- Charles Jordan vs Marcelo Rojo, featherweight
- Jonathan Martinez vs Davy Grant, The Bantam Weight
- Jin Yu Fry versus Gloria de Paula, Strawweight Female
- Matthew Simelsberger vs Jason Witt, welterweight
Edwards v. Muhammad: What was said?
Leon Edwards told talkSPORT: “When the fight was canceled for the third time, I was glad UFC offered to keep me on the card.
“Because before, when it was canceled for the second time in January for Fight Island, they were like rescheduling right away. This time it was like well, let’s just stay on the map and find someone else.”
“Right away, Dana said we want you to fight Colby Covington. I said OK, I’ll be ready for that. So he went to Colby and they told you you wanted to fight Leon Edwards and he blatantly refused it.”
He made excuses like everyone does the best. So we went to the department to see who was available and Bilal was man enough to intervene.
“He only fought one battle [on February 13] So he was already in great shape and said he would. So, I respect Bilal for his commitment. ”
“Evil thinker. Music scholar. Hipster-friendly communicator. Bacon geek. Amateur internet enthusiast. Introvert.”