Former intelligence chief Christopher Mellon said he believed the US had left behind technology that “didn’t appear on this earth”.
The news comes Wednesday ahead of a congressional investigation into UFOs.
65 year old Mr. Mellon now works as a private equity investor.
He previously served as Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence in the Clinton and Bush administrations.
According to him, the US could “recover an extraterrestrial technology within the framework of another country’s space program,” reports the Daily Mail.
“I expect Dave to provide some new information that we haven’t heard before,” Mellon told NewsNation’s Chris Cuomo on Monday night.
Mr. Mellon argues.
“I have been told by Defense Department officials and former intelligence officials that we have recovered technology that does not appear on this earth,” he added.
In April, Dr. Sean Kirkpatrick told the Senate Armed Services Committee that there is “no credible evidence of extraterrestrial activity” or “extraterrestrial technology.”
But Mr Mellon argued otherwise, arguing that there were ‘credible witnesses’ who directly contradicted what Dr Kirkpatrick was saying.
“Food trailblazer. Passionate troublemaker. Coffee fanatic. General analyst. Certified creator. Lifelong music expert. Alcohol specialist.”