– Advertising –
Fortnite fans are counting down the release of update 21.50 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and Android. The new Fortnite update has a release date of August 30 and a release time of 9am GMT in the UK. Needless to say, as a major update, the new patch will bring extended server downtime. Matchmaking will be disabled for players at 8:30 AM, while servers should be online at 11 AM GMT.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter: “Update v21.50 coming August 30! Downtime starts at 4:00 AM ET (08:00 UTC), with matchmaking turned off 30 minutes earlier.
“Please note that in this update, we will be backing up the playlists of scammers.”
– Advertising –
As confirmed by Epic Games on Twitter, the Imposters playlist will be stocked as part of the new update.
Fortnite insiders like Hypex also revealed more about what fans can expect from the update, which is expected to be the penultimate update of the season.
According to Hypex, OG weapons will return to the Late Game Arena, along with detailed leaderboards and rift creation.
Elsewhere, the Pump Shotgun is also set to make a comeback, along with classic lobbies and new Crew Pack cosmetics.
As the season draws to a close, Epic must lay the groundwork for its end-of-season event. Likewise, files for the next season’s skins can appear.
Next season is expected to revolve around Marvel and could include skins like Miles Morales and Shuri.
You can see the remaining Fortnite 21.50 update patch notes below…
Fortnite 21.50 update patch notes…
Battle Royale fixes:
• The health bar and shield are not showing the correct values
– We understand that the health bar and shield may not match the actual numeric values after being damaged.
• Sometimes driving the vehicle can slip under the map in the event of a ground collision
– Driving can sometimes slip under the map in the event of a ground collision
• The included joystick may stop working after the first turn or between turns
– The included joystick may stop working properly after the first round or between rounds. If it is set to invisible, it can also become visible in other turns.
• Dog gloves can interact with spike areas
The dog gloves can interact with the mutation areas of the creative islands.
Save the World fixes:
• Playing player animations
– We are investigating an issue that causes player animations to appear slippery and spin when running
• Kamehameha’s fire button is disabled on mobile devices when riding Nimbus.
– Fire button is missing from HUD screen on mobile devices as player slides on Nimbus with Kamehameha equipped.
– This also happens on cloud gaming services using a mobile device without a connected console.
“Food trailblazer. Passionate troublemaker. Coffee fanatic. General analyst. Certified creator. Lifelong music expert. Alcohol specialist.”