BRP operations suspended more than two days after the cyber attack


Posted by 21 minutes

The attack adds to the headwinds blowing on the company. (Photo: The Canadian Press)

The company said factory work at recreational vehicle maker BRP remains halted after a reported cyber attack on Monday.

Spokeswoman Biliana Ncheva said in an email that operations have not resumed more than 48 hours after being halted as a precaution.

The Quebec company, which makes snowmobiles, personal watercraft and all-terrain vehicles, announced Monday morning that it had been the target of “malicious computer activities” and had taken “immediate action to contain the situation.”

BRP, which has hired its own IT staff, said it has hired cybersecurity experts to help secure its systems and support an internal investigation.

The company said the suspension of its operations may delay certain transactions with customers and suppliers.

The attack adds to the headwinds blowing on the company. In the first quarter, its sales suffered from supply chain problems while more constraints are expected in the supply of components for the rest of the year.

BRP employs approximately 20,000 workers, primarily at manufacturing and distribution sites in Mexico, Canada, Austria, the United States, Finland and Australia. Its products are sold in more than 120 countries.

See also  Danish FM disappointed with diplomatic calls - EURACTIV.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.