Every now and then, we would like to share some useful iPhone tips and tricks that may not be familiar to everyone. After all, all the time we spend on our phones all day, their functionality extends far beyond what most of us actually use. There are a number of features on your iPhone that you will never use. It may be because you don’t need them, but you may not even know they are there. As such, every iPhone owner might want to take a few minutes to watch the new Apple video, which contains 10 useful tips and tricks that not everyone knows.
Apple shares 10 helpful iPhone tips
Apple Support posted a new video on YouTube on Wednesday. The account regularly posts new videos explaining how to use specific features and apps. The videos usually focus on just one iPhone feature, but the latest Apple Support video is packed with helpful tips:
If you don’t have five minutes to spend on video, here are 10 Apple iPhone tips:
- If you accidentally entered a wrong number in the Calculator app, swipe left or right at the top of the screen to clear it. You can also copy and paste numbers by holding them down.
- As of iOS 15, you can now pin shared content in Messages. Simply tap and hold on the item you want to install, then tap pin in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Touch and hold an empty space on your home screen to start editing, then drag one tool on top of another the same size to stack them. You can add up to 10 widgets in a pack. Faucet Do in the upper right corner when you’re done.
- Touch and hold an image until you feel pressure. Drag it while holding it, then tap another photo with another finger to add it to the collection. After you’ve selected all the photos you want, switch to another app while pressing the stack and dropping the photos into the new app.
- It is possible to create alternative text for common sentences. going to general > keyboard > replace text, and press the “Add” button in the upper right corner. Now type the phrase you want to replace with an abbreviation that expands automatically as you type it.
- Open the Camera app from the lock screen by swiping left.
- Scan a document using the Notes app by clicking the camera button , then Scan documents. Place the document under the camera and it will be scanned automatically.
- Use Live Text in iOS 15 to interact with text in the Camera app. Place the viewfinder over a document and press the Clear Text button. You can then copy and paste the text.
- Go to the first photo in the Photos app by tapping on the top edge of the screen.
- Access Search from your home screen by swiping down from the middle of the screen.
You may be familiar with some of these tips, but others may be new to you. Either way, it wouldn’t hurt to refresh our memories with a helpful video. If you want more videos like this, you should check out the official YouTube profile for Apple Support.
“Evil thinker. Music scholar. Hipster-friendly communicator. Bacon geek. Amateur internet enthusiast. Introvert.”