- Oatmeal, craft beer and specialty beverages as well as new menu options added to our onboard food and beverage offerings
- Adding entertainment programs popular with children and their families thanks to a new partnership with Mattel
- New updates to the Air Canada mobile app have focused on quick and easy access to important travel information
MontrealAnd July 19, 2023 /CNW/ — Air Canada today announced new features to its products and services that will make the onboard experience more comfortable and convenient. These improvements include an expanded inflight dining and beverage offering to suit different tastes and needs, more family-friendly options in the airline’s award-winning inflight entertainment system, and new advanced features in the Air Canada mobile app.
These are the latest novelties that the airline has introduced as part of its initiative travel and morea series of continuous improvements to all travel products and services.
“At Air Canada, we know that a comfortable and enjoyable experience on board is an important part of our customers’ journey,” said Jacqueline Harkness, General Manager – Products & Services, Air Canada. We are excited to introduce new meal and beverage options to suit everyone’s tastes and preferences, including products not currently offered by any other Canadian airline, while continuing to improve the overall Air Canada experience on board. »
A more varied menu to cater to everyone’s tastes and needs
- Earth’s Own Oatmeal Drink, a dairy alternative made in Canadaa first for a Canadian airline.
- New popular drinks have been added, including:
- Blue Moon and Hope Valley IPA Belgian white beer, as well as Vizzy Hard Seltzer alcoholic sparkling water with strawberry zest and orange mimosa zest;
- rose wines from the region of Provence, Franceand an Aperol Spritz (Air Canada International Premium Class) cocktail.
- On select flights, Butter Chicken with Rice Pilaf, Cauliflower and Pea Masala are some of the new menu options offered to Economy Class and Premium Economy Class customers.
More family fun with new content from Mattel
Last month, Skytrax named Air Canada the Best Family Airline for 2023. Now, Air Canada will be the only Canadian airline to offer some of the most popular kids’ short videos for in-flight entertainment, thanks to an important partnership with Mattel. The comprehensive collection of shows and movies adds dozens of hours of kids’ content to Air Canada’s award-winning inflight entertainment platform, and more content partners will be joining the roster soon.
Air Canada is proud to be the only Canadian airline to offer exclusive classic Mattel products such as Hot Wheels City And Thomas the Little Trainas well as rings Barbie vlogs which arrives just in time for the summer’s most anticipated movie release,” said John Moody, General Manager – Product Design, Air Canada. At the height of the family holiday season, parents and kids can enjoy their flight with an unrivaled array of in-flight entertainment options, including some of the most popular and beloved children’s shows.”
Air Canada mobile app: more convenience, more features
- The latest improvements to the Air Canada mobile app, which can be accessed for free app store from Apple or at google appsProvides quick and easy access to important information throughout the journey:
- Electronic boarding passes, easier to use when going through security and during boarding, thanks to constant updates;
- Aeroplan members’ passport details linked to their profile, facilitating international check-ins;
- Integrated maps of major airports and the Air Canada network Star Alliance allowing easier routing at airports;
- Pre-order meals on some international flights departing from Canadais available to customers in Air Canada Premium Class and Premium Economy Class.
“Our customers want information and digital tools that will allow them to meet their needs in real time when they have to navigate through busy airports,” said Derek Whitworth, General Manager – Digital – Customer Service at Air Canada. We strive to bring contextually relevant travel information to our customers’ devices via our award-winning mobile application. Other improvements will be added. »
travel and more
Since last spring, Air Canada has been rolling out product and service improvements across all areas of the travel experience, with new ways to stay connected, lounge improvements, and more to come. This includes a partnership with Bell, announced in May, that allows Aeroplan members to exchange free text messages over Wi-Fi on board.
The airline also recently added three new premium airport lounges to its offering, bringing the number of lounges to 29 in Air Canada’s worldwide network. This is the new Maple Leaf lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO), Air Canada’s new café | Aspire to Billy Bishop Airport Toronto (YTZ), convenient station located downtown Toronto, and the brand new United Club at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) exclusively shared Terminal A. These initiatives are part of Air Canada’s commitment to developing its premium services to provide its customers with the highest level of service and even greater convenience and comfort.
About Air Canada
Air Canada is the largest airline in Canada Canada, the country’s national carrier and co-founding member of the Star Alliance network – the world’s largest airline group. Air Canada’s scheduled non-stop flights connect to more than 180 airports in Canada Canada, in the United States and abroad on six continents. Air Canada has been awarded a four-star rating by Skytrax. Air Canada’s Aeroplan program is the airline’s premier loyalty program. Canada In terms of travel. It offers its members the possibility to earn or redeem points with the world’s largest network of partner carriers, 45, and for a wide range of rewards – merchandise, hotel stays or car rentals. Air Canada Cargo, the freight division of Air Canada, has the capacity and connectivity to serve hundreds of destinations on six continents using Air Canada’s passenger and all-cargo flights. Air Canada has set an ambitious goal of achieving carbon neutrality in all of its operations globally by 2050. Air Canada shares are publicly traded on Toronto (TSX) in Canada and on the OCTQX platform in the US.
Internet : aircanada.com/media
See our annual report here
Subscribe to receive Air Canada news: aircanada.com
Source: Air Canada
Information: [email protected]
“Food trailblazer. Passionate troublemaker. Coffee fanatic. General analyst. Certified creator. Lifelong music expert. Alcohol specialist.”