The prefecture and the regional health agency regrets the announcement on Tuesday 1he is June 2021 deaths that occurred during the past seven days of 14 patients from Reunion Island (3 people between 45 and 64 years old, 4 people between 65 and 74 years old, 7 people over 75 years old).
May 22 to May 28, 1174 Issue They counted in 7 days versus 1,331 from May 15-21. The positivity rate has decreased to 5.4% (6.1% last week), the weekly infection rate has decreased to 137.5 / 100,000 (156 / 100,000 last week) and the number of shows is increasing slightly.
Of the 1,174 cases:
1,163 cases classified as original,
One case categorized as secondary origin,
8 cases classified as imported,
Two cases classified as imported under EVASAN.
From May 22 to May 28, 1,438 tests were examined to identify a variable strain. Of the 1,438 tests, there are 1,032 cases of COVID variants (1015 South Africans or Brazilians and 17 Britons), which is 72% that remained stable (73% in the previous week).
Take into account 23 636 Healing and 203 Deaths since the start of the health crisis, 2 236 Cases are still active to this day.
26,075 cases were investigated So far by ARS, Public Health France and health insurance, 93.2% are original cases.
In 1he is June 2021, 39 Groups Energetic And 257 fenced. Among the active groups we note:
– 11 highly important: Le Port (3), in Saint André (1), Saint-Denis (1), Saint-Louis (1), and Saint-Paul (5).
– 14 medium critical groups: Le Port (5), Saint-André (3), Saint-Benot (1), Saint-Denis (3), Saint-Louis (1), and Saint-Paul (1).
These groups are especially developing within nursing homes and professional circles: protocols must be rigorously enforced and professionals are encouraged to vaccinate to protect their patients and their users. Besides cluster groups, pollution chains are numerous within the framework of ceremonial and family gatherings: even in his private life, even with his relatives, it is necessary to maintain respect for the barrier gestures.
With regard to other indicators, it is worth noting:
– Reduced test positive rate to 5,4%, Which is always above the threshold of alertness (5%). The situation remains stable in relation to the rate of positivity in asymptomatic and asymptomatic patients.
– The number of checks increased by 5.7% as 25,430 tests were performed (compared to 24,069 tests in the previous week).
– Increase in the incidence rate between 0-14 years: + 15% (93/100000),
Decreased incidence of infection in other age groups:
Between 15-24 years: 2.3% (211/100000),
Between 25-34 years: 7.5% (217/100000),
In the 35-44 age group: -3% (202/100000),
Between 44-64 years: – 13.9% (164/100000),
Age 65 and over: -22.5% (113/100000),
Among those over the age of 75: – 16.7% (101/100000).
As of June 1, 36 intensive care beds were occupied by existing patients for Covid-19 Of the 117 registered intensive care beds in Reunion Island.
The virus continues to spread in Reunion : We remain vigilant on a daily basis and in all circumstances: apply checkpoint gestures, limit social contacts, and respect curfew measures.