|A wonderful family|
family Scarabaeoidea It is a species of beetle recognized under the colloquial name of beetle. It is the only one of the superfamily Scarabeiformia.
There are many types ladybugs (estimated at more than 2,000 species). They are lamellicorn beetles. Some species are fruit-eating, others the roots or multiply.
Etymology and name
term beetle It is, via Old French “snail,” a quote from the Latin scarab or ancient Greek αβος, which is also the origin of the term carabid. The term beetle generally designates the Zoology Zoology (from the Greek terms ζoον, zoon, animal, and …) I’together (In set theory, a set axiomatically defines a set…) of the superfamily, but this term can designate in some authors, in a more restricted way, Scarabaeidaeand even for some only the reproduction of this family.
Several groups of these insects, which may be semi-staghorn, have colloquial names such as scutes or rhinoceros beetles, dung beetles, cockchats, stag beetles … Some species have a particular generic name such as plum beetle.
It is generally considered useful: it participates in the elimination of dung.
Other species that feed
- Cupress Lunaris I.
- Avudius ruvipes L.
Rather, it is considered harmful.
Families represented in Europe
(Fauna Europaea repository)
- Eudycilia Graley Phuket. See corresponding photo
- the Goliath
- the tuk-tokiIt is an African beetle that can be found especially in Namibia. females produce a Noise (In its normal meaning, the word noise approaches the main meaning of the word sound….) by typing abdomen (The abdomen refers to a part of the human body or the body of an animal.) On land, which attracts males and goes “knock-knock”, hence the name. to run away from heat (In everyday language, the words heat and temperature often have an equivalent meaning: …) The dunes, they bury themselves a few centimeters in the sand, where Temperature (Temperature is a physical quantity measured with a thermometer and…) less. They can be found by following the tracks that they leave on the sand, which are two inclined lines.
- the Stenocara: beetle present in desert (Today’s desert refers to a sterile area or an area not very conducive to…) Kalahari in Namibia.
this insect (Insects is a French-language journal of ecology and entomology dedicated to a wide range …) It is studied regularly by centers research (Scientific research primarily defines all actions taken with a view to…) the world (world can refer to:) fully recoverablewater (Water is a chemical compound found everywhere on Earth, essential for everyone…) through a unique process concentration (Condensation is the name given to the physical phenomenon of changing the state of matter that…) morning fog.
- Egypt revered several species of dung beetle, especially Scarabaeus sacer.
- the Dinasty Hercules (Dynastes hercules is the longest rhinoceros beetle in the world. It is…)one of the largest insects in the world.
Includes the following families (to be completed):
- Bellohinide Polian, 1959
- Ceratocanthidae Cartwright and Gordon, 1971
- Diphyllostomatidae Holloway, 1972
- Geotrupidae Latreille, 1802
- Glaveridae Macleay, 1819
- Glaresidae Semenov, Tyan-Shansky and Medvedev, 1932
- Hybosoridae Erickson, 1847
- Lucanidae Latreille, 1804
- Ochodaeidae Mulsant and Ray, 1871
- Pasaliday Leach, 1815
- plyocomedy Leconte, 1861
- Scarabaeidae Latreille, 1802
- Trogid Macleay, 1819
“Evil thinker. Music scholar. Hipster-friendly communicator. Bacon geek. Amateur internet enthusiast. Introvert.”